Easy Smoked Mexican Corn Dip
A delicious smoked corn dip that will always leave you with an empty bowl no matter how much you make! This is an extremely easy and great dip to make as a party appetizer, for the next big game or really any time you want a creamy and cheesy dip. I love using a smoker for this dip to add a little touch of smoke flavor to it. You can use any smoker that you have or you can even heat this up on your grill or feel free to just pop it in your oven. This will be one of the easiest and best dips that you make no matter how you heat it up. Enjoy this corn dip hot right off the smoker or put it in your fridge and serve cold, it's fantastic either way. Tortilla Chips are my go to pairing with this dip but vegetables, pita chips and frito lay scoops would be great to.
- 2 Cans 11-15oz Fiesta Style Corn
- 1 Can 4oz Diced Green Chiles
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Mexican Shredded Cheese Feel free to use cheddar, monterray jack, pepper jack or colby jack cheeses.
- 2 TBS Favorite Tex-Mex Seasoning We used How To BBQ Right Grande Gringo sesoning. Feel free to also use equal parts salt, garlic powder, cumin, pepper and paprika.
- 4 oz Jalapenos
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Stir and mix well.
- Place mixture in a medium cast iron pan or 8x8 aluminum foil pan.
- Preheat a grill/smoke to 250-300 degrees with indirect heat. Add your desired smoke. We used hickory chips in our Big Green Egg for this recipe.
- Once your grill is preheated, and your pan mixture to it for roughly 30 minutes.
- Check on the dip after 20 minutes and stir. Once all of the cheese is completely melted it is ready to eat! You can eat it hot or you can place in fridge and serve cold. Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Feel free to add more seasoning after tasting if needed.
- Feel free to add your favorite cheeses. Other great cheeses that would be good in this dish would be Monterey jack, cheddar, quesadilla or pepper jack.
- If you want it spicier add some canned jalapenos to the mix or your favorite hot sauce!
- The seasoning we added was How To BBQ Right Grande Gringo. Feel free to use your favorite Tex-Mex seasoning instead or add equal parts salt, garlic powder, cumin, pepper and oregano.
- Use whatever smoke flavor you would like. We used hickory chips but apple, pecan, oak or cherry would be good. Or you can leave out the smoke altogether and just use the heat from your grill or oven.
- Enjoy this corn dip hot right off the smoker or put it in your fridge and serve cold, it's fantastic either way. Tortilla Chips are my go-to pairing with this dip but vegetables, pita chips and frito lay scoops would be great too.