Damian Buck, Big Green Egg Grilling Class – 7/13/23
Our good friend, incredible cook and 16x BBQ Champion Damian Buck joined us once again for a Big Green Egg class. Damian demonstrated and cooked everything from this class on the Big Green Egg. This class featured recipes for smoked cheesecake, Pineapple Chipotle Wings, Homemade Ranch, and Jealous Devil Steak. These recipes were made for the Big Green Egg grill but they can be used on another smoker/grill or even in your kitchen.
Damian Buck, Big Green Egg Grilling Class at Specialty Gas House 7/13/23
Pineapple Chipotle Wings:
- Chicken Wings
- Malcoms Jammin Jerk Caribbean Seasoning
- Lanes Pineapple Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- Season wings in a bowl with Malcolm’s Jammin Jerk Caribbean seasoning.
- Put wings in a 300° big green egg with indirect heat using the conveggtor.
- After 30 to 45 minutes or wings are at 170° internal temp, remove from egg & toss in a bowl with Lane’s Pineapple Chipotle BBQ Sauce.
- Place back onto the Big Green Egg and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove wings from grill when the internal temperature is around 185° and let rest for 20 minutes before eating.
Homemade Ranch Recipe:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon finely cracked pepper
- freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste approximately 1-3 teaspoons, adjust to taste
- Mix All the ingredients together and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Jealous Devil Steak:
- Sirloin Steak (or your favorite 1” cut)
- Jealous Devil Steak Rub
- Chimichurri Boursin Cheese
- Cherry Preserves
- Garlic Butter
- Lightly season steak with Jealous Devil steak rub, let sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes or until the steak starts sweating.
- Put steak onto a 300° Big Green Egg indirect (with conveggtor) and smoke for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature is reading 130 to 135°. Remove when it hits that temperature. Rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing. Slice steak thin.
- Toast the baguette and then spread garlic butter and chimichurri boursin cheese on the baguette. Place sliced steak on top and then top with cherry preserves.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 32 oz cream cheese (Room Temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter together and form into a crust shape in a springform pan.
- Add cream cheese to a stand mixer and start to whip. Once creamy, slowly add in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the springform pan with a graham cracker crust.
- Place onto a 300° Big Green Egg indirect (with conveggtor) for 45 minutes or until set in the middle. If baking inside, cook for 75 minutes at 325°
- Pull off and let rest until room temperature, and then place into the refrigerator overnight and then serve!