Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip
It's Football season and one of my favorite and easiest game day appetizers is buffalo chicken dip! Buffalo chicken dip is great on it's own, but when you cook it on a smoker and add a kiss of smoke, it makes it even more delicious!This recipe for smoked buffalo chicken dip is maybe one of the easiest appetizer recipes out there. Enjoy this recipe with tortilla chips or vegetables. It is also great on slider buns with more cheese and made into a little sandwhich! Enjoy and Let me know what you thought of the recipe below.
- Smoker Grill Can use regular gas grill or even your oven.
- 9x13" Disposable Pan or 12" Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken We smoked a whole chicken for this recipe but feel free to use a rotisserie chicken or any chicken you have around.
- 2 8oz Packages of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 Cup Lane's Buffalo Sauce You can substite any pepper sauce like Frank's Red Hot.
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 2 TBS Holy Voodoo Meat Church Seasoning Feel free to use your favorite BBQ seasoning.
- Green Onions & Blue Cheese Crumbles for Garnish
- Place all ingredients in a 9x13" disposable pan or 12" cast iron pan and do a quick stir.
- Set smoker to 250 degrees. Add wood chips, chunks or pellets of your choice to smoker. We cooked this on the Green Mountain Pellet Grill and went with pecan pellets.
- Place pan mixture onto smoker uncovered for around 1 hour. Stir the dip about every 20 minutes.
- Before taking off the smoker taste the dip. If you would like it to be spicier, add some more buffalo sauce.
- After an hour or when it looks melted and well combined, remove from smoker and stir. Enjoy with tortilla chips, vegetables or even make buffalo chicken sliders with it!
- Use whatever smoking wood you prefer. We went with pecan but cherry, apple or even hickory would be good in this recipe. Or feel free to leave the smoke out all together.
- We smoked a whole chicken on the Green Mountain Pellet Grill for this recipe but feel free to use a store-bought rotisserie chicken, some chicken breasts or thighs that you have, or even canned chicken.
- Feel free to adjust this recipe to your liking. If you would like more protein add more chicken! If you love ranch dressing double up the ranch. Use your favorite cheese mixtures. Colby jack, monterey, mozzarella or even valveeta would be good in this recipe.
- This can be cooked on any smoker that you have. If you don't have one this could easily be cooked in your oven or even on your grill!
- Make it look great at the end. Garnish with green onions and or blue cheese crumbles.
- Enjoy this recipe as a dip with tortilla chips, frito scoops or vegetables. Or even enjoy this on slider buns with more cheese!