These very simple bite-size slider appetizers will be a huge hit at your next party. Who doesn’t love toothpick appetizers that can be eaten cleanly with one bite? They will quickly become your favorite tailgating or party appetizer and will easily be the most fun and best appetizer at the next party. Even better, they are extremely easy to make! Feel free to add any sauce or topping you’d like to these mini slider burgers. There is no wrong way to build them, have fun with it!
• 1 bag of frozen tater tot rounds
• 1lb. ground beef
• 1lb. Bacon
• Your favorite burger seasoning
• Your favorite burger cheese (american, cheddar, colby jack, swiss, etc)
• Ketchup & Mustard
• Jar of dill gherkin pickles
• 2 tablespoons of canola oil
• Long sturdy toothpicks
(We cooked everything on our MHP gas grill, but this can all be done with an oven!)
1. Cook tater tots in the oven according to package directions.
2. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and lay out bacon. Cook in the oven with the tater tots until your desired crispiness, around 18-20minutes.
3. Form small burger patties into quarter-size pieces. You don’t want them too thick.
4. Cut your cheese into equally sized squares, about the same size as your burgers.
5. Slice Gherkin pickles diagonally into small bite-size pieces.
4. Add your oil to a pre-heated skillet or frying pan on medium-high and cook the burgers until your desired doneness.
5. Add cheese to the burgers once they are almost finished cooking.
6. Once everything is finished cooking, it is time to assemble! Put ketchup on one tater tot, and mustard on another. Put the patty on one tater tot, then add a small bacon piece, then pickle, then top it with the mustard tater tot and put a toothpick through the middle. Make as many as you can and put on a platter for people to destroy in seconds!
We’d love to hear from you. Give us a comment on what you thought, if your guests enjoyed them or what you did differently to make them even better!